Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines's Day!

Despite popular belief, not ALL single people loathe Valentine's Day. I, for one, have (almost) always enjoyed this holiday and when looking back, it's the years I've spent it 'alone' that bring back the fondest memories.

I've had the opportunity to celebrate this special day with several gentlemen and only a handful have been lucky enough to celebrate with me more than once. Valentine's Day can come with its own unique set of pressures. These include, but certainly are not limited to: the pressure to get the best gift, to be creative, to find the perfect outfit, to plan the most amazing weekend get-a-way, to make your partner's day special...the list could go on and on. And let's not forget that you're secretly trying to out-do the relationship that came before this one (come on, I can't be the only one...). 

Now, being in love is fantastic and I hope to one day find my soul-mate, but I'd be crazy not to take this opportunity now while I am single to show myself how much I love ME. There is so much love around all of us: love between parents, siblings, friends, co-workers...all of it should be celebrated!

Since (hopefully) I won't have too many Valentine's Days as a single lady, when the opportunity arises, I choose to fill this day with the things that make me happy. I was lucky enough this year to spend a gorgeous afternoon with the man who first fell in love with me- my dad.


We played a round of golf at Palmer Legends in The Villages, FL and it couldn't have been a prettier day.










No comments:

Post a Comment