Monday, February 10, 2014

Motivation Monday

Happy Monday! I found this little gem on Pinterest a few months back and I think it's just the thing to nix the Monday blues. Each time I look at it, it reminds me that 'Monday' isn't the enemy. Mondays are a fresh start and the beginning of what could be an exciting & eventful week...the only difference is our outlook and how we choose to expend our energy.

Since 'm' stands for motivation, I chose to re-motivate myself today to get back on track with my running training. I set a goal back in November to run my first half-marathon in 2014. With my sights set on The Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon this Fall (because nothing makes me want to run more than a glass of Pinot Noir waiting at the finish line) I've got to get my butt in gear!

I've started by training for a 5K distance using the 'Couch to 5K' app that is powered by Active. It has been a great training tool and I highly recommend it. Although my workouts haven't been consistent, I completed 'Week 5/Day 3' today which included a 5-minute Warm-up, 20-minute jog, & 5-minute cool-down. It might not sound like much, but I'm already thinking I will carry over the 'y' for yoga into my workout for tomorrow.

One of my favorite quotes is from Zig Ziglar: "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." 

No comments:

Post a Comment