Wednesday, April 30, 2014

PERMA-GRIN Part I

So, it has taken me almost three days to recover from this past weekend...and I say 'almost' because being fully recovered is still debatable. You know when Monday rolls around and you still have a silly smile on your face because you can't help but keep re-living all of the fun moments from the past couple of days? That's been me...I like to call it my perma-grin (insert emoticon here).

Friday kicked off with an unexpected trip to the hospital...for a happy reason! My long time friend had her first child! She welcomed her beautiful baby girl to this world on Thursday morning and I couldn't get down to the hospital fast enough for some newborn snuggles and to check on the new Rockstar Mom.

I rushed home from the hospital to get ready for a crazy Friday night...two of my college friends were driving up from Orlando so that we could see Vanilla Ice in my hometown's annual BikeFest. Yes, I said Vanilla Ice- as in Rob VanWinkle...Ice Ice Baby. You might be rolling your eyes, because I did too at first...and then the twelve-year-old girl inside of me couldn't stop doing cartwheels and I knew at that point there was no turning back.
Front & center, baby!
Vanilla Ice's Twitter picture and if you look closely...
That's Me!!!
It must have been a combination of the company, belting out songs from my childhood, and the amazing VIP access...but this was one of my favorite nights of all time. Epic. Please don't judge me. Please.

Saturday morning I woke up entirely way too early but I couldn't contain my excitement for the festivities about to ensue. Today was the day that I've been planning for the past three months: Rob & Melissa's Couple Shower! I hosted it at The Corkscrew Winery in Ocala, Florida. It was recommended from a client of mine and when I went to check it out- I knew it would be the perfect venue and atmosphere for the shower I had in mind for my brother and his fiancĂ©. 

To be continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment