Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Year (kinda). New You? It's not too late!

This is a screen shot from my headspace app. One of my goals, or dare I say 'New Years Resolutions,' for 2017 is to be more present. This can be a bit ambiguous - as it's hard to measure, so I felt that a daily mediation practice would get me where I wanted to go (or at least help). 20 minutes a day...most days of the week. I could do this.

Let me back up...I am very goal-oriented and self driven (most of the time!) I typically start thinking about my goals (resolutions) for the year to come around October/November. I like to put my plan into action by December, so that in mid-January, when I'm most likely to fall off the band wagon, I am well on my way to a solid routine. This might not work for everyone, but it works for me...I think mostly because it doesn't have the 'New Years Resolution' stigma since I begin well before the shiny ball drops at midnight.

When I was looking at my stats (pictured above) I was blown away that I have already spent 24 collective hours meditating! That is an entire day - how cool?! Step-by-step, little-by-little, I'm getting it done. And I must say that now that I've started, it's hard to picture my life without it. Meditation for me has been a saving grace...but more on that in a later post.

So, where are you? Did you already fall off the bandwagon? Did you not even set new goals because you knew you wouldn't be able to follow through? Well, a wise person once told me that you can choose to start over at any moment - even if it's in the middle of the day. You don't have to wait until a Monday or even a new day or the start of a new month. You can start right now. Whatever you want to change in your life - you are full of the unlimited potential to make it possible!

If you do one thing this week, check out this podcast from John O'Leary. I promise you won't be disappointed and it will give you the tools and inspiration to start your journey. Yes, February is coming to a close and March is right around the corner, but there is no better time to hit the restart button than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment